Friday, August 3, 2012

A Little Housekeeping

I haven't been a blogger very long at all, so I'm still in the process are learning how to use this Google Blogger platform. I did clean up the header a little, but I have no cool photos yet to put up there and  spruce things up. I managed to find the setting that controls who can leave a comment, so as long as you have a Google+ (gmail) account, and you're signed into it, you can now comment away.  My apologies to those of you who tried earlier and weren't successful. You'll be relieved to know that it wasn't you!  Of course, if you just want to read the blog and not leave a public comment, you won't need a Google account.  I will usually link it to Facebook, so comments can be left there also. Or you can share it, or just "like" it so that you don't create a barrage of email notifications to yourself from a FaceBook conversation.

At the top of my blog page there's a place to enter your email address.  I couldn't figure out how to label it with something like, "Subscribe by email here," but hopefully most folks will figure that out on their own.  Enter yours and click on "submit" if you want a notification when I post a new entry. I have no idea if it actually works yet. At the very top left hand corner, there's a place in the tool bar to share the blog address. Just click on "Share," and it will give you a box menu. Facebook is one place you can share it, and I think Twitter is another. Not a Tweeter, myself. There's also a Google+ badge to click (above the blog entry date) if you've got a circle of contacts there that you'd like to share this blog with. 

My plan for this blog is to keep things light-hearted and preferably as funny as possible. I want to see if I can develop some skill as a humor writer. Or is it "as a humorist?"  Hmmm....not sure. I just want to see if I can be funny in print. How's that?

My goal is to blog with some kind of consistency -  somewhere around once a week or twice monthly. I have a backlog of ideas at the moment, but I'll try to pace myself and not become too annoying!

I'm an introvert/singer/songwriter with a melancholic temperament. That's psycho-code for "has high affirmation needs, just won't tell anybody." Lord knows, I need some of you to leave comments now and again.

Have a fantastic weekend!
Lynn

P.S.  The previous blog entry is much more entertaining.

P.P.S.  Wondering about the name of my blog page? Probably not, but here's a couple of examples anyway of literary usages of the term as noted at  http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-tha1.htm

"When it starts to get really dark, when the sky goes from blue to purple, I’m flipping back. That’s it; that’s all she wrote. I’m not walking through these woods after dark."
The Talisman, by Stephen King, 1984.

"Skipper Tom meowing and hopping around like he had the itch. Then dumped a load of cat crap all over a lobster trap. Jack threw it overboard to rinse it, and that’s all she wrote buddy, he was jerked into the water."
The Shipping News, by E Annie Proulx, 1993.







No comments:

Post a Comment

No cussin'! Only discussin'.