Thursday, August 2, 2012

Truly a Moving Experience


    If you’ve ever seen any ads for weight loss products, then you’ve probably run across ones that purport to help rid your body of the toxic effects of your poor food choices. Whatever the brand name, companies usually label such products as a detoxifying cleanse.  Cleanse.  Now isn’t that a soothing word?  Why, it almost sounds like something Jesus would say. “Come to me, all ye bloated! Bring me your toxin-stuffed livers, and I will provide for you a cleanse.”

    I’m currently towards the end of my third week of a twelve-week weight loss program. On July 6th, I signed up for Vemma’s Bod-e 12-Week Transformation Challenge. After I opened a customer account and placed my order online, I refreshed myself on how the Bod-e plan works and put together my personalized meal plan using a tool found on their web site. 

    In addition to daily exercise and drinking a ton of water, this metabolism-boosting plan is based on carb cycling. You eat five small healthy meals a day, and supplement with their Bod-e nutritional products. They have a pretty cool template called Bod-e Trainer that helps you with all the daily menus, groceries lists, and even provides the recipes you may need.  If you want, they’ll even text you when it’s time to eat again - every three hours.  Oh, and to maximize the anticipated fabulous results, they want you to take their Bod-e Cleanse for the prescribed seven days. You’re to do this at least once during the twelve weeks, and once at the beginning of every four week carb cycle is recommended.

    I’m all about maximizing results, so I dutifully started the cleanse on the day after my Bod-e product order arrived. I was headed out of town the following week, and I had a feeling that driving the interstate highway and this cleanse were not going to be compatible.  My friend Teri, who introduced me to Vemma products, had also advised me to stick around the house during the first two days of a cleanse.  I’m not sure where the origin of the “cleanse” label came from, except that it sounds a lot more appealing than a “purge”, “Attila the Cleanse,” or “Elixir of Roto-Rooter.” Never heard of Roto-Rooter? Here’s their jingle:  “Call Roto-Rooter, that’s the name, and away go troubles down the drain! Roto-Rooter!” I’m sure you get the picture.

    One of the best things about my inaugural cleanse is that I spilled the entire contents of day five’s bottle all over my range top. (Thankfully, it’s a smooth surface model.) That de-toxic spill turned my seven-day cleanse into a six-day one, for which I was enormously grateful. After the first two days though, the cleanse really wasn’t so bad. I figured out the best time of day to drink my daily dose, and even found that I could bolt from my couch to the opposite end of my house in record time, should the need arise. I guess I’m glad I finished the cleanse; surely at least some of those nasty toxins must have been coaxed out of my fat cells. Shoot, just the sprints to the can must have burned something off! All in all, I must say that I found the whole experience truly moving.

Two more days until I weigh in again, and that’s all she wrote.

Lynn

P.S.  You can read about the Bod-e Transformation Challenge here:

4 comments:

  1. Geez, that sounds horribly familiar like the colonoscopy I had to prep for! You sure your bod-e cleanse beverage isn't masking as Dulcolax?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, doesn't it? I've done that, too, but it's not that intense, thankfully!

      Ever heard of GoLightly? A surgery-prep thing that made you clean as a whistle. Shoulda called it "GoContinuously!"

      Thanks for the comment, Karen.
      Lynn

      Delete
  2. Reminds me of an old Petra song, "I'm clean...clean...clean before my Lord". :-)

    ReplyDelete

No cussin'! Only discussin'.